State Bank of India (SBI) recruits candidates to fill in the vacancies of a Specialist Officer through SBI SO Exam. State Bank of India (SBI) has release the official notification for the recruitment of Specialist Officers in various disciplines. An SBI SO can be DGM Asset Liability Management, SME Credit Analyst, Credit Analyst III, etc. The Specialist Officer in SBI is recruited both on a regular and contract basis. The Exam for SBI SO is conducted all over India and in online Mode.
Job Profile and Vacancies of SBI – SO
Specialist Officers in a bank are appointed for specialized roles in various departments, according to their expertise and educational background. Some of the Specialist Officer positions in Banks are:
- Information Technology Officer
- Agricultural Field Officer
- Law Officer
- HR/Personnel Officer
- Marketing Officer
SBI has released a total of 77 vacancies for the post of Specialist Officer. Here is a post – wise break – down of vacancies.
Name of Posts
DGM Asset Liability Management
DGM Capital Planning
SME Credit Analyst (Sector Specialist)
SME Credit Analyst (Structuring)
SME Credit Analyst
Credit Analyst – III
Credit Analyst – II
Eligibility Criteria for SBI – SO Exam
There are a set of expected eligibility criteria that you should qualify to apply for SBI – SO Exam Recruitment.
- Age Limit
- Minimum Age Limit : 23 years
- Maximum Age Limit : 35 years
- SC/ ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Physically Disabled: 10 years
- Physically Disabled + OBC: 13 years
- Physically Disabled + SC/ ST: 15 years
- Educational Qualification
There is a different set of eligibility criteria for different posts of SBI SO. Some of which can be stated as:
- DGM Asset Liability Management: Candidate must hold a degree in MBA (Finance)/ CA and have minimum experience of 15 years.
- DGM Capital Planning: Candidate should have a bachelors’ degree in any stream with CA/ MBA/ PGDM with 15 years of working experience.
- SME Credit Analyst (Sector Specialist)/ SME Credit Analyst (Structuring)/ SME Credit Analyst: Candidate: Candidate should posses BE/ B. Tech. in any stream with MBA (Finance)/ CA/ CFA with minimum 3 years of experience.
- Credit Analyst – III/ Credit Analyst – II: Candidate must have done CA/ MBA/ PGDM with 2 years of working experience.
SBI – SO Syllabus & Exam Pattern
SBI SO Exam is conducted in 3 phases: Paper – 1, Paper – 2 and Interview.
Paper – 1 is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. Paper – 1 is divided in 3 sections, which contains 120 questions of 120 marks to be done in a composite time of 90 minutes.
Paper – 2 is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. Paper – 2 has only 1 section which consists of 50 questions of 100 marks and has time – duration of 45 minutes.
Interview is the final phase of selection.
SBI – SO Paper – 1/ Prelims
Paper – 1 is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. Paper – 1 is divided in 3 sections, namely, Reasoning Ability, English Language and Quantitative Aptitude, where English Language and Quantitative Aptitude has 35 questions of 35 marks each and Reasoning Ability has 50 questions of 50 marks. A total time – duration for this paper is of 90 minutes.
No. of Questions
Composite time of 90 minutes
SBI – SO Paper – 2/ Mains
Paper – 2 is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. Paper – 2 has only 1 section, which is of Professional Knowledge and is consists of 50 questions of 100 marks and has time – duration of 45 minutes.
No. of Questions
SBI – SO Interview
After qualifying Prelims and Mains Exams of SBI SO, candidate has to go through a final phase of recruitment which is a face – to – face Interview. The qualifying marks in Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
SBI – SO Exam Date
SBI has released only the date of application submission till now, but will soon declare other important dates for the post of Specialist Officer. The tentative exam dates for the post of SO are:
Online Application Starts From
6 September, 2019
Last Date to Apply Online
25 September, 2019
Last Date to Pay Fees
25 September, 2019
Admit Card Availability
20 October, 2019