SBI PO 2019 exam will be conducted by State Bank of India to shortlist eligible candidates for the post of Probationary Officers. Probationary Officer is one post that is regularly advertised for bank recruitment. SBI PO is a person who is newly recruited as an officer and will be under probation period for atleast 2 years. During this phase, candidate undergoes training & performs the allotted work. Since candidates join the bank at a junior level, they are being called Probationary Officer (PO) but the actual designation could be assistant manager. SBI PO is one of the most desired jobs among in the Banking Sector and many aspirants are willing waiting for this opportunity.
Job Profile and Vacancies of SBI – PO
- Customers Services: Service delivery to customers includes the day to day banking operations like opening new accounts, security of debit (ATM) cards, making FDs, DD, Loan processing, Cheque book handling, NEFT/ RTGS processing and issue of ATM cards, cheque books, demand drafts etc.
- Marketing & Business Lead Generation: As POs you will be the direct channel of the bank interacting with customers on a daily basis. You will be responsible for promoting banking products like Recurring Deposits (RD), Fixed Deposits (FD), Insurance policies, Mutual Funds, Credit Cards, Loans, etc.
- Cash Handling: As a PO, in case of heavy crowd/ leave of the teller or vacancy of the cashier post, candidate may have to perform clerical activities as well, like accepting cash deposits & withdrawals. Thus you will be trained about the cash transaction software too. Additionally, if the branch has ATM attached to it then you will be responsible for the ATM activities as well.
- Authorizing Operations: SBI follows the maker & checker system where the PO is responsible for verification of all the transactions processed by bank clerks. In cash, clearing and operations transactions, the clerk is the maker and PO is the checker and the responsibility of losses lies with the checker.
- Report Filling: You would be assigned to generate reports of the daily operational transactions like deposits, withdrawals, ledger balances, etc.
- Daily Work Communication: A PO will be interacting with the customers, stakeholders and regulators. Maintaining track of new developments, customer interactions and official communication will be a part of your daily work communication.
The SBI has declared vacancies for the post of Probationary Officer Recruitment Exam 2019. There are approx 2000 vacancies for the post of PO, among which 810 vacancies are for General, 540 vacancies for OBC, 300 vacancies of SC, 150 vacancies of ST and 200 vacancies for persons with disability.
Eligibility Criteria for SBI – PO Exam
There are a set of expected eligibility criteria that you should qualify to apply for SBI – PO Exam Recruitment.
- Age Limit
- Minimum Age Limit : 21 years
- Maximum Age Limit : 30 years
- SC/ ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Physically Disabled: 10 years
- Physically Disabled + OBC: 13 years
- Physically Disabled + SC/ ST: 15 years
- Educational Qualification
A candidate must possess the minimum qualification of Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government of India.
SBI – PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The SBI – PO exam is conducted in 3 phases: Paper – 1, Paper – 2 and Interview.
Paper – 1 is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. This paper is divided into 3 sections, having a total of 100 questions of 100 marks and 60 minutes of time.
Paper – 2 has two parts, Part A and Part B. Part A is an Objection Based Online Mode Exam while Part B is a Descriptive Test. Part A is further divided into 4 sections, which contains 155 questions of 200 marks and a composite time of 3 hours. Part B is an essay writing/ letter writing of 50 marks and to be completed in 30 minutes.
Group Discussion/ Interview are the last phase of selection for SBI PO.
SBI – PO Paper – 1/ Prelims
Paper – 1 is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. Paper – 1 is divided into 3 sections, General Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language. General Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude contain 35 questions and are of 35 marks each, and English Language contains 30 questions for 30 marks. Each section has a time – duration of 20 minutes.
SBI PO Paper – 2/ Mains
Paper – 2 has two parts, Part A and Part B. Part A is an Objection Based Online Mode Exam while Part B is a Descriptive Test.
Part A is further divided into 4 sections, namely, English Language, General Awareness, Data Analysis & Interpretation and Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, which contains 155 questions of 200 marks and a composite time of 3 hours.
Part B is an essay writing/ letter writing of 50 marks and to be completed in 30 minutes.
Part – A/ Objective Test,
A Composite of 200 marks
A Composite of 3 Hrs.
General/ Economic/ Banking Awareness
Data Analysis/ Interpretation
Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
Part – B/ Descriptive Test,
No. of Questions
(Essay/ Letter Writing)
SBI – PO Group Discussion/ Interview
The appropriate number of candidates in each category, who have qualified both theses phases, ands as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Discussion and Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Discussion & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
SBI – PO Exam Date
SBI has released the exam dates for the post of Probationary Officer. The tentative exam dates for the post of PO are:
Online Registration Starts From
2 April, 2019
Last Date to Register Online
22 April, 2019
Paper – 1 Admit Card
23 May, 2019
Paper – 1 Exam Date
8th, 9th, 15th & 16th June, 2019
Paper – 2 Admit Card
5 July, 2019
Paper – 2 Exam Date
20 July, 2019