SBI Clerk 2019 vacancies have been released by State Bank of India to recruit candidates for the post of Office Assistant/ Clerical Cadre for different branches of SBI. SBI Clerk is the most preferred post for candidates who are willing to appear for bank exams and a huge no. of candidates apply for same every year. SBI Clerk works on a front – end job and is the first point of contact for providing services and handling inquiries of customers. Thus, a lot depends on a clerk as he gives the very first impression of the bank and its services. Candidates who are selected as SBI Clerk are designated as cashier, depositors, and some other particular posts.
Job Profile and Vacancies of SBI Clerk
Currently, SBI is recruiting candidates for two new posts of Clerk/ Junior Associate: SBI Junior Associate for Customer Sales and Support (CSS) and Junior Agricultural Associate. Both of these posts are in the clerical cadre.
Work & Responsibilities for these two posts are also decided and declared by the bank.
SBI Junior Associate for Customer Sales and Support (CSS)
The basic work of SBI Junior Associate for Customer Support & Sales (CSS) will be dealing with customers of the bank directly, and the other responsibilities include:
- Dealing with customers and addressing their required bank details.
- Handling the work on Cash Deposit and Cash Withdrawal counters.
- Marketing the services of banks, such as loan, deposits, schemes to customers, etc.
- Taking care of the documentations and backend work such tally reports, maintaining records and data transactions, data entry in computer, etc.
- Junior Associates could be required to call customers or meet them outside bank premises to market bank’s products and services. So not only will they be required to learn all the fine details of operations but would also need to develop customer friendly skill which would be required for marketing.
SBI Junior Agricultural Associate Job Profile
Junior Agricultural Associates will be posted in rural/semi-urban branches and require agriculture-related educational qualifications. Junior Agricultural Associates will be required to:
- Maintaining relations with local authorities to speed up banks’ work.
- Collect information about important factors such as, crops, land holding, infrastructures, etc. in their region which will be used by SBI to plan their future business action.
- Use their skills to check loan applications as per banks’ policies.
- Get involved in providing financial assistance to mostly agro – related self-employed individuals such as fruits/ vegetable vendors, farmers, etc. and may be artisans in village and small towns.
- Verify that loans are used for stated purposes and provide reports on the same. This is important because a lot of schemes provide low cost loans for specific purposes such as solar light installations, irrigation pump purchase, etc.
- Market bank’s special schemes among farmers and other small borrowers.
Vacancies for SBI Clerk
SBI has released a total of 8904 vacancies for the post of Junior Associate for PAN India.
Special Drive Seats
Eligibility Criteria for SBI – Clerk Exam
There are a set of expected eligibility criteria that you should qualify to apply for SBI Clerk Exam Recruitment.
- Age Limit
- Minimum Age Limit : 21 years
- Maximum Age Limit : 28 years
- SC/ ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Physically Disabled: 10 years
- Physically Disabled + OBC: 13 years
- Physically Disabled + SC/ ST: 15 years
- Educational Qualification
A candidate must possess the minimum qualification of Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government of India.
SBI –Clerk Syllabus & Exam Pattern
SBI – Clerk exam is conducted in 3 phases: Paper – 1, Paper – 2 and Interview.
Paper – 1 is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. This paper is divided into 3 sections, having a total of 100 questions of 100 marks and 60 minutes of time.
Paper – 2 is an Objection Based Online Mode. Part A is further divided into 4 sections, which contains 190 questions of 200 marks and time of 2 hours 40 minutes.
Interview is the last phase of selection for SBI – Junior Associate Exam.
SBI – Clerk Paper – 1/ Prelims
Paper – 1 is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. Paper – 1 is divided into 3 sections, General Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language. General Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude contain 35 questions and are of 35 marks each, and English Language contains 30 questions for 30 marks. Each section has a time – duration of 20 minutes.
SBI – Clerk Paper – 2/ Mains
Paper – 2 is an Objection Based Online Mode. Paper – 2 is divided into 4 sections, namely, English Language, General/ Financial Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude, which contains 190 questions of 200 marks and a total time of 160 minutes.
No. of Questions
Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
General/ Financial Awareness
2 hours 40 minutes
SBI – Clerk Interview
After qualifying Prelims and Mains Exams of SBI Junior Associate, candidate has to go through a final phase of recruitment which is a face – to – face Interview. The qualifying marks in Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
SBI – Clerk Exam Date
SBI has released the exam dates for the post of Junior Associate. The tentative exam dates for the post of Clerk are:
Online Registration Starts From
12 April, 2019
Last Date to Apply Online
3 May, 2019
Last Date to Make Payment
3 May, 2019
Paper - 1 Exam Date
Paper -1 Result Declared
23 July, 2019
Paper - 2 Admit Card
Paper - 2 Exam Date
10 August, 2019
Paper - 2 Result Declared
To be announced