Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is Government recognized recruitment board for Railways of India. It aims in fulfilling recruitment needs of new employees in the Indian Railways.
Indian Railways is one of the biggest government employers in India. Every year, the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts its recruitment exercise to induct suitable candidates for various posts. It mainly focuses on expanding the railway workforce.
The posts that come under RRB ASM Recruitment 2019 are Station Master (SM), Station Superintendent (SS), Assistant Operations Manager and Divisional Operations Manager.
Job Profile and Vacancies of RRB - ASM
The assistant station master (ASM) has responsibilities of the running of trains at the station where he is posted. At the position of an ASM, the person at the job will be operating the signals, making sure that all the tasks are finished according to the rule book.
- After SM, only ASM is the whole and soul of a Station, who has to look after everything.
- Candidate requires good to be at focus.
- There may be different shifts of work.
- The candidate has to take care of almost all the tasks being done at the station and they have to make sure that the things are working smoothly.
- The candidate should maintain good communication skills in order to communicate during the requirement.
- Responsible to ensure smooth and timely arrival and departure of trains.
- Ensures that passengers do not have to face any problem.
- Supervises the activities in a railway station.
RRB has released a total of 5957 number of vacancies for the post of ASM till now. These counts may increase or decrease in future.
Eligibility Criteria for RRB – NTPC
There are a set of expected eligibility criteria that you should qualify to apply for RRB NTPC Exam Recruitment.
- Age Limit
- Minimum Age Limit : 18 years
- Maximum Age Limit : 30 years
- SC/ ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Physically Disabled: 10 years
- Physically Disabled + OBC: 13 years
- Physically Disabled + SC/ ST: 15 years
- Educational Qualification
- The candidate must have done graduation degree from a recognized educational University/ Institution.
- The candidate who are waiting for their results are not eligible to apply for the exam.
- Good typing proficiency is a must.
- There are chances that the preferences can be in the favor of experienced candidates.
RRB – ASM Exam Pattern & Syllabus
RRB – ASM exam consists of 3 phases: CBT Stage 1, CBT Stage 2 and Interview.
CBT Stage – 1 is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. CBT Stage – 1 is further divided into 4 sections, of 100 marks containing 100 questions and a time of 90 minutes as a whole.
CBT Stage – 2 is a Descriptive Based Exam. CBT Stage – 2 has questions on essay writing/ letter writing.
Final phase of selection is Interview.
RRB – ASM CBT Stage – 1
CBT Stage – 1 is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. CBT Stage – 1 is further divided into 4 sections, which are, General Awareness, Mathematics, General Intelligence and Reasoning, of 100 marks containing 100 questions and a time of 90 minutes as a whole.
No. of Questions
RRB – ASM CBT Stage – 2
CBT Stage – 2 is a Descriptive Based Exam. CBT Stage – 2 has only one section of English Comprehension where questions are of essay writing/ letter writing.
Name of Subject
Descriptive Type Questions
RRB – ASM Interview
The last phase of selection for the post of Assistant Station Master is Interview. The no. of candidates selected after this round will be according to the number of vacancies announced.
RRB – ASM Exam Date
RRB has yet not announced vacancies for the post of Assistant Station Master for the year 2019. Vacancies will be updated as soon as they will be announced.
Online Registration Starts From
All the dates yet to be announced
Last Date to Register Online
Last Date to Make Payment
CBT Stage - 1 Admit Card
CBT Stage - 1 Exam Date
CBT Stage - 1 Result
CBT Stage - 2 Admit Card
CBT Stage - 2 Exam Date
CBT Stage - 2 Result
Admit Card for Interview