Reserve Bank of India commonly known as RBI, recruits persons across different levels to handle operations within the organization. RBI is the architect of the nation’s economy and is an important benefactor of the everyday Indian life as it is the central bank of the country. It works towards the economic as well as the financial growth of the nation through the host of duties and responsibilities it carries on an everyday basis. RBI will publish RBI Assistant 2019 recruitment notification for Assistant vacancies at RBI official website.
RBI Assistant 2019 Exam will be conducted by Reserve Bank of India to select eligible candidates for the post of Assistant in various branches and sub-offices of RBI. It is a national level selection process.RBI Assistant is considered as one of the most prestigious exams organized yearly on a National Level for the recruitment process of Assistants post in different branches of RBI across India.
Job Profile and Vacancies for RBI – Assistant
RBI Assistants have to do a various types of work according to their department and post. These are some main responsibilities of a RBI Assistant.
- File Work: The most common work of an RBI Assistant is to maintain files on various matters of the organization. It also includes collection of receipts, balance tally, maintenance of ledger, etc.
- Data Entry: In any private sector or public sector organization, a common job for any Assistant is Data Entry. Candidate has to process and feed the data in the organization's database which is to be retrieved and used later.
- Replying to Mails: RBI being the Central bank of India gets a lot of mails every day. So, as an RBI Assistant, it will be ones’ duty to reply to most of them and then get it approved by the Officers’, before drafting the final reply.
- Inward and Outward Mail Entry: RBI receives a lot of letters as well as sends a lot of them too. So, a part of job as an RBI Assistant will also be to maintain a record of the same.
- Currency Issue & Circulation: In case a new currency is released, an RBI Assistant has to take up the responsibility for its fast circulation in the country. Also, in case of demonetization, candidate will be in charge of handling all the issues related to circulation of new currency and collection of old currency.
Other than these, you will be responsible for ensuring financial stability in the organization, and take some other responsibilities like, verification of banking documents and attending Government Treasury Works.
Eligibility Criteria for RBI – Assistant Exam
There are a set of expected eligibility criteria that you should qualify to apply for RBI – Assistant Exam Recruitment.
- Age Limit
- Minimum Age Limit : 20 years
- Maximum Age Limit : 28 years
- SC/ ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Physically Disabled: 10 years
- Physically Disabled + OBC: 13 years
- Physically Disabled + SC/ ST: 15 years
- Educational Qualification
- A candidate must possess the minimum qualification of Graduation in any discipline with minimum of 50% score from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government of India.
- Candidate must have good knowledge and background regarding word processing and other computer applications.
RBI Assistant Selection Process
RBI Assistant Selection Procedure is an initial approach to get involved with each stage of exam for the respective job profile. The Selection process involves the following phases -
- Prelims: This phase is of qualifying in nature. Marks of this phase are not considered for the final selection.
- Mains: Marks obtained in this phase will be considered for the final selection. Hence, just clearing the cut off is not enough, scoring good marks is essential to ensure your selection.
- Language Proficiency Test: The final selection will be based on the performance in the language proficiency test. This test will be conducted in the local language of the concerned state. Candidates found inefficient in the local language would be disqualified.
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern & Syllabus
RBI Assistant Exam will be conducted in 3 phases: Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam and Language Proficiency Test.
Paper – 1/ Preliminary Exam is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. This paper is divided into 3 sections, having a total of 100 questions of 100 marks and 60 minutes of time.
Paper – 2/ Mains Exam is also an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. Paper – 2 has 5 sections, which carries 40 questions and is of 40 marks each to be done in time duration of 135 minutes.
Language Proficiency Test is the final round of selection for RBI Assistant.
RBI Assistant Paper – 1/ Prelims
Paper – 1 is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. Paper – 1 has 3 sections, English Language, General Reasoning and Numerical Aptitude, where each section is of 40 marks and contains 40 questions. Paper – 1 has composite time – duration of 60 minutes.
No. of Questions
Composite time of 60 minutes
RBI Assistant Paper – 2/ Mains
Paper – 2/ Mains Exam is also an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. Paper – 2 has 5 sections, namely, English Language, General Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, Computer Knowledge and General Awareness, where each contains 40 questions of 40 marks and time of 135 minutes.
No. of Questions
RBI Assistant Language Proficiency Test
The final selection will be based on the performance in the language proficiency test. This test will be conducted in the local language of the concerned state. Candidates found inefficient in the local language would be disqualified.
RBI Assistant Exam Date
RBI has yet not released exam dates for the post of Assistant for year 2019. The tentative exam dates can be stated as.
Online Registration Starts From
Last Date to Register Online
Last Date to Make Payment
Paper - 1 Admit Card
Paper - 1 Exam Date
27th & 28th November, 2019
Paper - 2 Admit Card
Paper - 2 Exam Date
20th December, 2019
To be announced