RRB Group D
Railway Recruitment Boards are examining bodies in association with the Government of India to recruit new employees for Indian Railways Department. RRB is one the largest Railway Recruitment bodies in the world. RRB comprises of 21 boards spread all over India. Railway Recruitment Board conducts RRB Group D Level 1 for various posts of Track Maintainer Grade – IV, Helper/ Assistant in various technical departments (Electrical, Mechanical and S&T departments), Assistant Pointsman, Level 1 post in other department of Indian Railways. It has released a notification to recruit RRB Group D employees.
Job Profile and Vacancies of RRB Group D
RRB Group ‘D’ posts are the lower echelon of Indian Railways. Group ‘D’ employees are recruited for the maintenance & cleanliness of railway assets and tracks. It is their hard work and ceaseless efforts that make your train journey comfortable, safe and scheduled.
The job profiles of various posts under Railway Group ‘D’. Following are the posts and their job profiles elaborated below:
- Assistant Workshop
- Railway Assistant is posted in a carriage and wagon workshop.
- Candidate has to ensure the security and maintenance of coaches.
- Prevention and breakdown maintenances of coaches and wagons take place in the workshop department.
- Assistant C&W
- Trip Schedule Maintenance.
- Addressing the issues of BPC (Brake Power Certificate).
- Pit line Maintenance.
- Intermediate Overhaul Maintenance.
- ART (Accident Relief Train) Maintenance.
- Assistant Loco Shed (Diesel)
- ALS (Diesel) takes care of the overhauling of diesel locomotives.
- Section systems like workshop also exist here.
- Assistant Loco Shed (Electric)
- The Assistant SSE in electrical is responsible for working on the TRS sheds engaged in overhauling and assembly level maintenance of 25 KV AC electrical Locos in electrical loco sheds.
- Assistant Depots (Store)
- Procurements and supply of components to major mechanical, electrical, signal and telecom workshops for maintenance of coaches and wagons.
- Assistant (Depot) also supplies spare parts to major diesel and electric locomotive sheds.
- Assistant Operations (Electrical)
- Ensure electrical supply and assists the operation manager.
- Under the supervision of a senior engineer, he does the maintenance of electrical appliances of the train and station.
- Assistant Pointsman (Traffic)
- The work of pointsman is to handle railroad points or switches.
- Pointsman controls the lever and jerks the train into the required tracks or desirable direction.
- His work also includes disconnecting or connecting a particular coach from the train.
- Assistant Signal & Telecom
- The Assistant in signal and telecom department works under the supervision of the senior officer.
- His duty is to provide signals to the trains as per the situations.
- He also is a part of the panel interlocking system.
- He also hands over the token to the driver after granting the clearance to enter the block section.
- Assistant Track Machine
- Assistant track machine operator repairs the machine under the supervision of seniors.
- He also ensures the availability of tools/ gadgets required for the effective working of track machine.
- Assistant Bridge
- To assist the seniors in the construction of new bridges under railway authority.
- Assistants ensure the availability of materials required in proper quality and quantity and acts as helping hand in designing the overall construction.
- Assistant TL & AC
- The main job is to look over the TL & AC (Train lights and AC).
- They look over the proper functioning of train’s electrical appliance and connections.
- Assistant TL & AC (Train Lights and AC) workshop
- To ensure the availability of tools and gadgets required by the assistant TL & AC Engineers.
- To look over the maintenance of lights, bulbs, fans, AC ducts, temperature control of ACs’, stabilizations & all other electrical appliances.
- Assistant TRD (Electrical)
- The person working as an Assistant TRD is responsible for the maintenance of electrical assets like electrical locomotives, Electrical Multiple Units (EMUs) and Main line Electrical Multiple Units (MEMUs).
- Assistant Work Engineer
- They are enrolled in the manufacturing department of all kinds of rail assets like manufacturing of coaches, every appliance of trains, platforms, sheds, etc.
- They have to create new designs for the betterments of Indian Railways.
- Assistant Work (Workshop)
- To assist the senior in manufacturing.
- To ensure the availability of materials (tools and gadgets) required.
- Handles all the fitting and welding work in manufacturing under the supervision of their seniors.
- Provide proper care to ailing passenger during treatment.
- Taking care of medical aids & their requirements in the stations.
- Cleaning Medical Equipments.
- Track Maintainer
- Keep an eye over the breakdown of track.
- Provide proper, smooth and safe track to the trains.
- Look over every repairs and maintenance of the track line.
RRB has released approx 1,03,769 vacancies this year for the post of Grade ‘D’ Officer. Here is a state – wise break – down of vacancies for the post of Grade ‘D’ Officer.
North Central Railway(Allahabad)
Northern Railway(New Delhi)
North Eastern Railway (Gorakhpur)
North Western Railway (Jaipur)
West Central Railway (Jabalpur)
Western Railway (Mumbai)
Central Railway (Mumbai)
South Eastern Railway (Kolkata)
Eastern Railway (Kolkata)
South East Central Railway (Bilaspur)
South Western Railway (Hubli)
Southern Railway (Chennai)
South Central Railway (Secunderabad)
North East Frontier Railway (Guwahati)
East Central Railway (Hajipur)
East Coast Railway (Bhubneshwar)
Eligibility Criteria for RRB – Grade ‘D’ Officer
There are a set of expected eligibility criteria that you should qualify to apply for RRB Grade ‘D’ Officer Recruitment Exam.
- Age Limit
- Minimum Age Limit : 18 years
- Maximum Age Limit : 33 years
- SC/ ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Physically Disabled: 10 years
- Physically Disabled + OBC: 13 years
- Physically Disabled + SC/ ST: 15 years
- Educational Qualification
Candidate must have done 10th (High School) in any recognized Boards in India, or ITI Certificate in SCVT/ NCVT.
RRB – Grade ‘D’ Officer Exam Pattern & Syllabus
RRB Grade ‘D’ Officer Recruitment Exam is conducted in 3 phases: Computer Based Test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Document Verification/ Medical Examination.
Computer Based Test is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. CBT has 4 sections, will be of 100 marks for 100 questions and 90 minutes.
Physical Efficiency Test known as PET, is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature.
Document Verification/ Medical Examination is the final phase of selection.
RRB – Grade ‘D’ Officer Computer Based Test (CBT)
Computer Based Test is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. CBT has 4 sections, namely, General Science, Mathematics, General Intelligence & Reasoning and General Awareness on Current Affairs, will be of 100 marks for 100 questions and 90 minutes as a whole time.
General Intelligence & Reasoning
General Awareness on Current Affairs
RRB – Grade ‘D’ Officer Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Physical Efficiency Test known as PET, is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature. The Exam criteria for PET is as under:
For Male Candidate:
- Should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 meters in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.
- Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 meters in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance.
For Female Candidate:
- Should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 meters in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.
- Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 meters in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance.
RRB – Grade ‘D’ Officer Document Verification/ Medical Examination
Document Verification/ Medical Examination are the final phase of selection to qualify for RRB Grade ‘D’ Officer. All candidates successful in Document Verification are sent for Medical Examination.
RRB – Grade ‘D’ Officer Exam Date
RRB has released exam dates for the post of Grade ‘D’ Officer for year 2019. The scheduled exam dates are stated below.
Online Registration Starts From
12 March, 2019
Last Date to Register Online
12 April, 2019
Last Date to Make Payment
23 April, 2019
Last Date to Final Submit
26 April, 2019
Form Status Available
25 July, 2019
CBT Exam Date
September/ October, 2019 (Tentative)