Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) is the electricity generating and distributing company of the Government of Punjab state in India. PSPCL has located its headquarter is in Patiala, Punjab. PSPCL was incorporated as company on 16-04-2010 and was given the responsibility of operating and maintenance of State's own generating projects and distribution system. The business of Generation of power of former PSEB was transferred to PSPCL. PSPCL consistently meets historic maximum demand and highest energy requirement due to sustained heat wave & delayed monsoon
Govt. of Punjab unbundled Punjab State Electricity Board into two companies
- Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd. (POWERCOM)
- Punjab State Transmission Corporation Ltd. (TRANSCO)
The corporation has introduced the total of 853 vacancies for multiple posts, 300 vacancies for Junior Engineer/ Electrical, 253 vacancies for Sub Station Attendant (SSA) and 300 vacancies for LDC/ Typist.
Job profile and Vacancies for PSPCL
There are many trades and posts in the PSPCL Recruitment. You will get posting in different electric department offices in Punjab. The most number of vacancies are there in the post of Lineman, Junior Engineer/ Electrician, Sub Station Attendant (SSA), LDC/ Typist, etc. So, let us sum up some of the roles and duties of PSPCL employee and mention the extract of their duties:
- Distribution of Power to the consumers at the rates approved by KERC Tariff Regulations.
- Supply at specified voltage and frequency.
- Maintenance of 11 KV lines, distribution of transformers and equipments to ensure reliable and quality power supply.
- Augmentation of infrastructure to meet the demand.
- Ensuring safety of Human and animal life by taking suitable actions to minimize risk of accidents.
- Perspective planning of activities in relation to demand and supply of Power.
PSPCL has released a total of 3500 vacancies for the post of Assistant Lineman Recruitment 2019.
The corporation has also introduced the total of 853 vacancies for multiple posts, 300 vacancies for Junior Engineer/ Electrical, 253 vacancies for Sub Station Attendant (SSA) and 300 vacancies for LDC/ Typist.
Name of Post
No. of Vacancies
Junior Engineer/ Electrical
Sub Station Attendant (SSA)
Eligibility Criteria for PSPCL
There are a set of expected eligibility criteria that you should qualify to apply for PSPCL Recruitment 2019.
- Age Limit
- Minimum Age Limit: 18 years
- Maximum Age Limit: 37 years
- SC/ ST : 5 years
- OBC : 3 years
- Physically Handicapped : 10 years
- Physically Handicapped + OBC : 13 years
- Physically Handicapped + SC/ST : 15 years
- Educational Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree from a recognized University or Institution
- Possesses at least one hundred and twenty hours course with hands on experience in the use of Personal Computer or Information Technology in Office productivity application or Desktop Publishing application from a Govt. recognized institution or a reputed institution, which is ISO 9001 certified
- Possesses a Computer information Technology Course equivalent to 'O' level certificate of Department. Of Electronics Accreditation of Computer Courses (DOEACC) of Govt. of India
- Junior Engineer/ Electrical
- Full Time Regular 3/4 years Diploma in Electrical/ Electrical and Electronics/ Computer Science/IT Engg. from an institute recognized by State/ Central Govt. with minimum 60% marks
- Full Time Regular BE/ B.Tech/B.Sc Engineering in Electrical/Electrical and Electronics/ Computer Science/IT Engg. with a minimum of 50 % marks or equivalent degree recognized by AICTE.
- AMIE in Electrical/Electrical and Electronics/ Computer Science/IT Engg. with at least 50% marks from Institution of Engineers(India) Calcutta
- Sub Station Attendant (SSA)
- Full time regular course in ITI /Electrical with minimum 60% marks and 2 years apprenticeship experience in PSEB now PSPCL.
- Full time Regular Diploma in Electrical Engineering with 60% marks
- Full time Regular Diploma in Electronics and communication with 60% marks.
- Full time Regular Diploma in Instrumentation and process control with 60% marks
The candidates who have completed apprenticeship in trade of lineman and have experience in Electrical/ Wireman Trade.
- Computer Literacy: Knowledge of computer operation is a must as PSPCL exam is conducted online.
- Language Proficiency: Qualification of Punjabi is essential for both posts. For this purpose, all the candidates must have passed Punjabi of atleast Matriculation or its equivalent level upto the date of document checking.
PSPCL Syllabus & Exam Pattern
PSPCL conducts its exam for various posts in 2 phases: Online Exam/ Paper – 1 and Interview.
Paper – 1 is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. It is further divided into 5 sections, of 100 marks carrying 100 questions and a total of 2 hours duration as a whole.
Interview is the final phase of selection.
PSPCL Paper – 1/ Online Exam
Paper – 1 is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. It is further divided into 5 sections, Static/ Current Affairs & General Knowledge, Basic Computer Knowledge, Logical Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude and General English, of 100 marks carrying 100 questions and a total of 2 hours duration as a whole.
Static/ Current Affairs &
Basic Computer Knowledge
On the basis of the marks obtained in the objective type of exam held for PSPCL posts, merit will be generated and successful candidates will be called for Interview. After this Interview, the candidates will be given appointment for the post they have applied for in the PSCPCL.
PSPCL Exam Date
PSPSCL has recently introduced vacancies for the post of Assistant Lineman. PSPCL has released a total of 3500 vacancies for the post of Assistant Lineman Recruitment 2019. A tentative exam date schedule is given below.
Notification Issued Date
6 July, 2019
Online Application Starts From
25 July, 2019
Last Date to Apply Online
31 July, 2019
Admit Card Date
To be announced
To be announced