Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has disclosed the notification of vacancies for the post of Assistant Administrative Officers (AAO). Candidates willing to join can apply online for LIC – AAO. Aspirants willing to work in Insurance sector can prepare for this exam. Candidates always seek for these kinds of job and wonder whether if these Insurance jobs are good for Banking Sector or not.
There are very candidates familiar about these Insurance exams and their available jobs. This is because other bank related exams occur more frequently with a larger no. of seats.
LIC – AAO includes posts like Generalist, IT, Chartered Accountant, Actuarial, Rajbhasha. Candidates must be aware about it before filling the LIC – AAO exam form.
Posts & Job Profile of LIC AAO
Various departments of LICs’ according to which duties and responsibilities of AAO may vary as per department. These departments can be listed as follows:
- Finance/ Accounts
- Information Technology
- Marketing/ Sales
- Chartered Accountant
- New Business
- Policy Servicing
LIC – AAO primarily involves Administrative work. Functional Areas at the post of LIC – AAO are:
- Inspecting and analyzing currently running policies.
- Communicating with other department.
- Planning new schemes/ policies.
- Inspecting and regulating old policies.
- Interacting with clients and solving with their queries.
- Claim Processing.
- To negotiate with Agents/Development Officers
- Performing other duties, time – to – time, as specified by your office – in – charge.
- Creating and maintaining databases.
- Since it is an administrative job, AAOs are not expected to procure more business to the corporation because that is the job of agents.
Eligibility Criteria for LIC – AAO
There is a set of eligibility criteria which candidate has to clear to appear in LIC – AAO exam.
- Age Limit
- Minimum Age Limit: 21 years
- Maximum Age Limit: 30 years
- SC/ ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Physically Disabled: 10 years
- Physically Disabled + OBC: 13 years
- Physically Disabled + SC/ ST: 15 years
- Educational Qualification
For all the posts of LIC – AAO, it is required to have a Bachelors’/ Masters’ degree from a recognized Indian University/ Institution.
AAO (Information Technology)
Graduation degree in Engineering in Computer Science, IT or Electronics, or an MCA, or M. Sc. (Computer Science) from a recognized University/ Institution.
AAO (Chartered Accountant)
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized Indian University/Institution and the candidate should have passed Final Examination of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and completion of Articles as presented by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Post Graduate Master’s Degree in Hindi/Hindi translation with English as one of the subjects at Bachelor’s Degree level.
LIC – AAO Syllabus & Exam Pattern
LIC recruitment board will conduct the recruitment drive in 4 phases. They are
- LIC – AAO Paper – 1/ Prelims Exam is an Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions Based Online Mode Exam. Paper – 1 is divided into 3 sections, containing 100 questions for 100 marks as a whole. Time duration for this paper is of 2 hours.
- LIC – AAO Paper – 2/ Mains Exam is also an Objective Based Multiple Choice Questions Based Online Mode Exam. Paper – 2 is divided into 4 sections, each containing 30 questions, among which two sections are of 90 marks and two are of 60 marks. Paper – 2 also contains a separate section of English Language which carries 2 questions for 25 marks. The total time duration of Paper – 2 is 150 minutes.
- Personal Interview
- Pre-Medical Examination
LIC – AAO Paper – 1/ Prelims Exam
LIC – AAO Paper – 1/ Prelims Exam is an Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions Based Online Mode Exam. Paper – 1 is divided into 3 sections, containing 100 questions for 100 marks as a whole. Time duration for this paper is of 2 hours.
No. of Questions
English Language with special emphasis on grammar, vocabulary and comprehension
LIC – AAO Paper – 2/ Mains Exam
LIC – AAO Paper – 2/ Mains Exam is also an Objective Based Multiple Choice Questions Based Online Mode Exam. Paper – 2 is divided into 4 sections, each containing 30 questions, among which two sections are of 90 marks and two are of 60 marks. Paper – 2 also contains a separate section of English Language which carries 2 questions for 25 marks. The total time duration of Paper – 2 is 150 minutes.
No. of Questions
Insurance and Financial Market Awareness
English Language (Letter Writing & Essays)
Candidates those who qualify the Mains exam will be called for the Personal Interview. The minimum qualifying marks will be fixed by the LIC recruitment panel. The Candidates will be called for the interview on 3:1 ratio format.
Pre – Medical Test
Shortlisting candidates will be allowed for the pre-medical examination phase. They will be provisionally allocated only after found as a medically fit.
LIC – AAO Exam Dates
Tentative dates for LIC – AAO exams are as follows:
Online Registration Starts From
2 March, 2019
Last Date for Online Registration
22 March, 2019
Paper - 1 Admit Card
22 April to 30 April, 2019
Paper - 1 Online Exam
4 & 5 May, 2019
Paper – 1 Result Announced
5 June, 2019
Paper - 2 Online Exam
28 June, 2019
Paper - 2 Result Date
29 July, 2019
7 August, 2019