IBPS PO stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is a recruitment body that was started with an aim to encourage the recruitment and placement of young graduates in public sector banks of India, other than State Bank of India. It provides standardized systems for assessment and result processing services to organizations.
IBPS offers its services to banks in the public and private sectors, regional rural banks, and foreign banks. It also serves other financial institutions, including co-operative banks, insurance companies, academic institutions, and both private- and state-owned companies.
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will release its application form for the post of Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee on 7th August, 2019 to shortlist the candidates for various public sector banks in India.
Date of Release of Application Form: 7th August, 2019
Date of Closure of Application Form: 28th August, 2019
Banks under IBPS
There are various banks that organizes their exams under IBPS. Some of which can be listed as:
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
Except all these banks, RBI and NABARD also take IBPS Exam scores into consideration.
Job Profile & Vacancies for IBPS – PO IX Exam
The IBPS PO work profile includes holding the designation of an Assistant Manager (AM) on Probation.
Here is a list of characteristics of an IBPS PO job profile-
- Multitasking Job – The role of PO is a multi-tasking job and they are assigned for various banking activities, which help them to get familiar with various working procedures of the bank.
- Practical Knowledge – POs are practically trained in various fields, like – Marketing, Accounting, Loans & Advances as well as Finance.
- Customer Services – Often POs are required to handle the customers of the banks, used to guide them about the banking facilities and products available to them, like issuing Cheque books, ATM cards, Demand Draft, etc. Customer complaints like discrepancies in accounts, the rectification of undue charges are also handled by them.
- Supervision of Clerical Work – All the clerical work such as managing cash, opening account and customer dealing is done under the supervision of POs. In the case of cash transactions, PO is responsible to check whether Clerk entered everything correctly or not and authorize the transactions.
- Loan Processing – One of the major functions of the bank i.e. providing a loan to the needful is also taken care of by a PO. Before granting the loan to the customer, all the documentation is to be done under his/her supervision.
IBPS vacancies are out now for the post of PO. Bank - wise no. of vacancies has been increased this time to 4336 vacancies, out of which, 2031 vacancies are for General candidates, 904 vacancies for OBC candidates, 670 vacancies for SC candidates, 299 vacancies for ST candidates and 432 vacancies for EWS candidates.
Name of Post
Here is complete breakdown of bank-wise IBPS PO 2019 vacancies:
Name of Bank
Bank of India
Bank of Maharashtra
Oriental Bank of Commerce
Union Bank of India
Only these 9 banks hosted the vacancies for Probationary Officer under IBPS this year. Except these organizations/ banks, other banks don’t have any vacancies for the Recruitment year 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS – PO IX Exam
There are a set of expected eligibility criteria that you should qualify to apply for IBPS – PO Exam Recruitment 2019.
A) Age Limit
- Minimum Age Limit : 20 years
- Maximum Age Limit : 30 years
- SC/ ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Physically Disabled: 10 years
- Physically Disabled + OBC: 13 years
- Physically Disabled + SC/ ST: 15 years
B) Educational Qualification
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Computer Literacy: Candidates must be proficient with using computers and have a Certificate / Diploma / Degree in Computer Operations / Language or have studied Computer as one of the subjects in High School or College.
- Language Requirement: Candidates must be able to read, write and speak in the official language of the State / Union Territory they apply for.
IBPS PO IX Syllabus & Exam Pattern
IBPS – PO exam is conducted in 3 phases: Paper – 1, Paper – 2 and Interview.
Paper – 1 is an Objective Based Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) type Online Exam. Paper – 1 has 3 sections, containing 100 questions of 100 marks to be completed in time duration of 60 minutes.
Paper – 2 is also an Objective Based Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) type Online Exam. Paper – 2 has 5 sections, containing 157 questions of 225 marks and a time period of 3 hours & 30 minutes.
Last and final phase for selection in IBPS PO post is Interview.
IBPS PO IX Paper – 1/ Prelims
Paper – 1 is an Objective Based Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) type Online Exam. Paper – 1 is divided into 3 sections, General Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language. General Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude contain 35 questions each and are of 35 marks and English Language contains 30 questions for 30 marks. Each section has a time – duration of 20 minutes.
IBPS PO IX Paper – 2/ Mains
Paper – 2 is also an Objective Based Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) type Online Exam. Paper – 2 has 5 sections, which are: English Language, Numerical Aptitude, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, General Awareness and English (Essay & Letter Writing). Paper – 2 contains 157 questions of 225 marks and a time period of 3 hours & 30 minutes.
No. of Questions
Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
English (Essay & Letter Writing)
3 hours 30 minutes
IBPS PO IX Interview
- Candidates who qualify Mains exam are eligible for the interview round.
- The interview round will carry 100 marks.
- This is the final stage in the selection process of IBPS PO.
- This round carries 20% weightage in the final result.
- Through this round, a candidate's communication skills and personality is examined.
IBPS PO IX Exam Date
IBPS has released its calendar of exam dates for the post of Probationary Officer Recruitment Exam 2019. The tentative exam dates IBPS – PO Exam are as follows.
Online Registration Starts From
7 August, 2019
Last Date for Online Application
28 August, 2019
Last Date for Exam Fees
28 August, 2019
Pre Exam Training (PET)
23rd to 28th September, 2019
Paper - 1 Admit Card
Paper - 1 Exam Date
12th, 13th, 19th & 20th October, 2019
Paper - 1 Result
Paper - 2 Admit Card
Paper - 2 Exam Date
30 November, 2019
Paper - 2 Result
Interview Application Download Date
January/ February, 2020