Employees’ State Insurance (ESI) is a self – financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian Workers. The fund is managed by Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) according to the rules and regulations stipulated by the ESI Act. ESIC is an autonomous corporation by a statuary creation under Ministry of Labour and Employment and Government of India. ESIC conducts ESIC SSO Exam every year to recruit eligible candidates to the post of Social Security Officer (SSO). Interested and eligible candidates may apply online for ESIC SSO Recruitment. ESIC declared 539 vacancies in 2018 for the post of SSO, which includes post like, Manager Grade – II, Superintendent, etc.
Job Profile and Vacancies of ESIC SSO
The work and responsibilities of the candidates in ESIC SSO differs according to their posts. ESIC SSO has to handle a variety of work and responsibilities, among which some of their basic responsibilities are as follows:
- Keeping records of monthly contributions of the Employees and Employer.
- Registration of Employees (coverable) with ESI.
- Creating awareness among public (Employee and their families) about the ESI benefits.
- Performing Periodic Inspection.
- Assisting the beneficiaries in getting the benefits as per ESI Act.
- Getting the Biometric Verification of the Employees done.
- Overlooking Creation and Distribution of Biometric Cards.
- Keeping records of the monthly contributions of the Employee and Employer.
- Reporting and findings about the Benefit Delivery System of Insurance Products to the Branch Manager.
- Indentifying any shortcomings with the Benefit Delivery System. If found, working towards resolving them.
- Recording Grievances of the ESI Policy Holders.
The total number of vacancies for the post of ESIC SSO is 539, out of which, 294 posts are for General/ Unreserved category of candidates, 82 for SC candidates, 22 for ST candidates and 141 are for OBC candidates. Rests of the seats are reserved for persons with disability.
Eligibility Criteria for ESIC SSO
There is a set of eligibility criteria which candidate has to clear to appear in ESIC – SSO exam.
- Age Limit
- Minimum Age Limit: 21 years
- Maximum Age Limit: 27 years
- SC/ ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Physically Disabled: 10 years
- Physically Disabled + OBC: 13 years
- Physically Disabled + SC/ ST: 15 years
- Educational Qualification
- A candidate must have a degree of a recognized University/ Institution (Preference will be given to the graduates in Commerce/ Law Management).
- Working knowledge of Computer including use of Office Suites & Databases.
Working Experience (Desirable):
Three years’ service in a Government Organization or Corporation or Government Undertaking or Local Body or Scheduled Bank, etc.
ESIC SSO Exam Pattern and Syllabus
ESIC SSO Exam is conducted in 4 phases: Paper – 1, Paper – 2, Paper – 3 and Interview.
Paper – 1 is an Objective Based Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Online Mode Exam. The paper is divided into 3 sections. Paper -1 contains 100 questions of 100 marks to be completed in composite time duration of 60 minutes.
Paper – 2 is also an Objective Based Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Online Mode Exam. This paper is divided into 4 sections. Paper – 2 carries 150 questions for 200 marks and composite time of 120 minutes.
Paper – 3 is a Computer Skill & Descriptive Test. Paper – 3 comprises of Computer Skill Test and Descriptive Test of English Language.
Final round of ESIC – SSO is Interview.
ESIC SSO Paper – 1/ Prelims
Paper – 1 is an Objective Based Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Online Mode Exam. The paper is divided into 3 sections: General Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude and English Language. Paper – 1 contains 100 questions of 100 marks to be completed in composite time duration of 60 minutes. General Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude contain 35 questions each and are of 35 marks whereas English Language contains 30 questions for 30 marks.
No. of Questions
A composite time of 60 minutes
ESIC SSO Paper – 2/ Mains
Paper – 2 is also an Objective Based Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Online Mode Exam. The paper is divided into 4 sections: General Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, English Language and General/ Economy/ Financial/ Insurance Awareness. Paper – 2 contains 150 questions of 200 marks to be completed in composite time duration of 120 minutes.
No. of Questions
A composite time of 120 minutes
General/ Economy/ Financial/ Insurance Awareness
ESIC SSO Paper – 3/ Computer Skill & Descriptive Test
Paper – 3 is a Computer Skill & Descriptive Test. Paper – 3 comprises of Computer Skill Test and Descriptive Test of English Language, where both the papers are of 50 marks and to be completed in time – duration of 30 minutes each.
- Computer Skill Test (CST)
CST comprises of following 3 parts (described with their marks):
- Preparation of s2 Power Point Slides – 10 marks.
- Typing Matter on MS – Word with formatting – 20 marks.
- Preparation of table on MS – Excel with use of formulae – 20 marks.
- Descriptive Paper – English Language (Letter Writing & Essay Writing)
No. of Questions
(Letter Writing & Essay Writing)
ESIC SSO Exam Date
The exam date for ESIC SSO 2019 will be updated as soon as the official notification will be released. For reference of the expected ESIC SSO 2019 exam dates, here is a list of the exam dates for the year 2018.
Online Registration Starts From
7 September, 2018
Last Date of Online Registration
5 October, 2018
Last Date to Make Payment
5 October, 2018
Paper - 1 Admit Card
16 October, 2018
Paper - 1 Exam Date
3 November, 2018
Paper - 1 Result
16 November, 2018
Paper - 2 Admit Card
22 November, 2018
Paper - 2 Exam Date
15 December, 2018
Paper - 3 Admit Card
8 January, 2019
Final Result Available
20 February, 2019