SSC MTS Cut Off 2019 Criteria
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released exam dates for its Paper – 1/ Preliminary Exam. Preliminary Exam is scheduled from 2nd August to 6th September, 2019. SSC will also release SSC MTS Cut Off 2019 criteria shortly after completing all schedules of Preliminary Exam.
We have described some previous expected SSC MTS Cut Off 2019 criteria for your reference. This will help giving us an insight into marks required to qualify Preliminary Exam of SSC MTS 2019 Exam.
Cut – Off
SSC – MTS 2017 Cut – Off Criteria (Preliminary Exam)
SSC has declared following Cut – Off criteria for SSC – MTS Recruitment Exam 2017. Candidates who have applied for SSC – MTS 2019 can take reference of these cut – off criteria’s for help.
Cut – Off
SSC – MTS 2016 Cut – Off Criteria (Region – Wise)
Following is the list of region – wise Cut – Off criteria for SSC – MTS Recruitment 2016.
Cut Off Marks
Daman & Diu & Goa
Jammu & Kashmir
Puducherry & Tamil Nadu
SSC MTS 2019
SSC – MTS is an examination conducted by the SSC (Staff Selection Commission) to recruit for the Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) non-technical positions of the Central Government. The SSC is an organization of Indian Government which is responsible to recruit candidates for government jobs and MTS is a post. Every year the SSC releases vacancies for MTS (non-technical) posts and no. of candidates apply for these vacancies through filling an online application form. Candidates selected for Multi tasking Staff (MTS) got placed in several government ministries and offices. Before all of this, the SSC releases a recruitment notification which has all the information regarding selection procedure. Some of the jobs that fall under this category are peon, gardener, photocopying, cleaning of the buildings, carrying files within the office from person to person etc.
Posts and Job Profile of SSC – MTS
Multi Taking Staff (MTS) is a group ‘C’ cadre position that was created as per the 6th CPC recommendation.
Group ‘D’ posts such as, peon, daftary, jamadar, junior gestetner operator, mali, chowkidar, safaiwala, etc., were clubbed together recently & will be called as Multi Tasking Staff (MTS).
The roles and responsibilities of candidates of these job profiles are:
- General Cleanliness and upkeep of the Section/ Unit.
- Carrying of files and papers within the building.
- Physical maintenance of records of the Section.
- Photocopying, sending of fax, etc.
- Other non-clerical work in the Section/ Unit.
- Assisting in routine office work like the dairy, dispatch, etc.
- Assisting on the computer.
- Cleaning of rooms and dusting of furniture, etc.
- Delivering of Dak (outside the building).
- Watch and ward duties.
- Opening and closing of rooms.
- Cleaning of the building, fixtures, etc.
- Work related to his ITI qualifications, if it exists.
- Driving of vehicles, if in possession of a valid driving license.
- Upkeep of lawns, parks, potted plants, etc.
- Any other work assigned by the superior authority.
Eligibility Criteria for SSC – MTS
Candidates who aspire to appear for the exam should check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The basic eligibility for SSC – MTS is as follows:
- Age Limit
- Minimum Age Limit: 18 years
- Maximum Age Limit: 25 years
- SC/ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Physically Handicapped: 10 years
- Physically Handicapped + OBC: 13 years
- Physically Handicapped + SC/ ST: 15 years
- Educational Qualification
According to SSC – Multi Tasking Staff Eligibility, the candidate must have passed 10th or equivalent examination from a recognized board. In case a candidate does not pass the qualifying examination before the closing date of receipt of application form, he or she is not permitted to apply.
SSC – MTS Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) recruitment exam in two stages: Paper – 1 and Paper – 2.
Paper 1 (CBT): Paper – 1 is an Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions. The paper consists of 4 sections, which is of contains 100 questions of 100 marks, to be completed in duration of 90 minutes.
Paper 2 (PBT): Paper – 2 is a Descriptive/ Writing Paper. Paper – 2 contains one question on essay writing/ letter writing. The paper is of 50 marks and to be done in duration of 30 minutes.
SSC – MTS Paper – 1
SSC MTS Paper-1 will be an Objective Multiple Choice Exam which will be conducted online. The exam comprises of 4 sections having 100 questions which will account for a total of 100 marks. The time duration of Paper-1 exam will be 1 Hour 30 Minutes.
No. of Questions
General Intelligence & Reasoning
SSC – MTS Paper – 2
SSC MTS Paper-2 will be a Descriptive/ Writing Exam. The paper consists of one question on short essay writing/ letter writing in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution. This paper will be of marks having time duration of 30 minutes.
Short Essay/ Letter in English or any language in the 8th Schedule of Constitution
SSC – MTS Exam Date
According to the latest exam calendar of SSC – MTS, tentative schedule of exam is as provided as below.
SSC - MTS notification pdf releases on
22 April, 2019
Last Date to Apply Online
29 May, 2019
Last Date to make payments
Online: 31 May, 2019
Offline: 1 June, 2019
Release of SSC MTS Admit Card (Paper - I)
9 July, 2019
SSC - MTS Paper – 1
2 August to 6 September, 2019
SSC - MTS Paper - 1 Result
Last week of September
SSC - MTS Paper – 2
17 November, 2019
SSC - MTS Final Results
SSC – MTS Selection Process and Structure
SSC MTS Selection Process comprises of 2 stages – Paper 1 and Paper 2. The selection procedure will take place after the declaration of SSC MTS Result, which is expected to be declared in October and December, 2019 for Paper 1 and Paper 2 respectively.
- Candidates will have to secure the minimum SSC MTS Cut off fixed by the commission to be shortlisted for the final posting.
- Cut off in Paper 1 and qualifying marks in Paper 2 may be different for vacancies in each State/ Union Territory which will be fixed at the discretion of the commission.
- Candidates for each State/ Union Territory will be finally selected based on their performance in Paper 1, according to the meeting basic qualifying standards fixed in Paper 2.
- SSC – MTS 2019 Paper – 1, will held on multiple days which starts from 2 August to 6 September, 2019 while Paper – 2 is scheduled on 17 November, 2019.