VDO(Gram Panchayat Adhikari)
VDO (Gram Panchayat Adhiakri) is the state government employee. At the Village Level, the VDO (Gram Panchayat Adhikari) is the Head of the Block Office. He is assisted by a team of officers, technical staff and ministerial staffs who are responsible for the proper and successful execution of various development works entrusted to the Department. For execution of the schemes the VDO (Gram Panchayat Adhikari) is also responsible for securing peoples participation and maintaining of public interest in the different program taken by the Villages.
In the organizational framework of the Rural Development project, the role of the VDO (Gram Panchayat Adhikari) has been analysed in terms of the linkage provided by him between the organization and the community. He is performing some of the duties and functions expected of him but the expectation appears to be on the higher side compared to the performance. This leads to some structural inconsistencies making his role disfunctional in certain areas of his job.
Job Profile and Vacancies for VDO
A VDO is responsible for all the activities that takes place in a village. He has to maintain different departments of a village and hence, have a variety of work & responsibilities to perform. Certain basic responsibility of VDO (Gram Panchayat Adhikari) to perform:
- To provide electric and water supply in villages.
- To build roads.
- Arranging the sanitation of village.
- Allotment of places for storing manure.
- Registering of birth, death and marriages and maintenance of other records as prescribed.
- Assisting the development of agriculture, industries and commerce.
- Child welfare and maternity.
- Establishment, maintaining and taking care of common grazing ground (charagah).
- Arranging and regulating the source of water supply.
- Implementing the policies (Swach bharat, sanitary napkins, BRGF, PSP, RGPSA etc.).
UP Government has released a total of 362 vacancies for the post of VDO, among which, 182 vacancies are of General Category, 97 vacancies are of OBC category, 76 vacancies are of SC category and 7 vacancies are of ST category. The post wise vacancy details are given below:
UP Village Development Officer
Eligibility Criteria for VDO
There are a set of expected eligibility criteria that you should qualify to apply for VDO (Gram Panchayat Adhikari) Recruitment Exam.
- Age Limit
- Minimum Age Limit: 18 years
- Maximum Age Limit: 40 years
- SC/ ST : 5 years
- OBC : 3 years
- Physically Handicapped : 10 years
- Physically Handicapped + OBC : 13 years
- Physically Handicapped + SC/ST : 15 years
- Educational Qualification
- Candidate must possess 10 + 2 from a recognized institution of UP Board and Course on Computer concepts (CCC) from NIELIT.
- Computer Literacy: Knowledge of computer operation is a must as VDO. After selection, VDO has to handle computer related work too, like, making reports, responding to mails, maintaining database, etc.
- Language Proficiency: Qualification of Hindi is essential for the posts. For this purpose, all the candidates must have passed Hindi of atleast Matriculation or its equivalent level upto the date of document checking.
VDO Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The selection process for UPSSSC VDO (Gram Panchayat Adhikari) is based on Written Examination.
VDO Written Exam
This exam is an Object Based Offline Mode Exam. The questions are in form of MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions). The exam is divided into 3 sections, General Knowledge, General Intelligence and General Hindi (Hindi Knowledge & Writing Competence), each section is of 100 marks and carries 50 questions. Total time duration is of 2 hours as a whole. There is 0.5 negative marking scheme for wrong answers.
General Hindi (Hindi Knowledge
& Writing Competence)
VDO Exam Date
UPSSSC has yet not released exam date for the post of VDO Recruitment Exam 2019, as the result of the year 2018 has declared in June, 2019. For all those candidates who are looking forward for VDO (Gram Panchayat Adhikari) Recruitment Exam 2019 can use the exam date schedule and exam pattern of year 2018 as reference.
Online Application Starts From
30 May, 2018
Last Date to Apply Online
25 June, 2018
Last Date to Pay Exam Fees
27 June, 2018
Admit Card Availability
December, 2018 (10 days prior before exam)
22nd & 23rd December, 2018