Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) is the company responsible for electricity transmission and distribution within the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The incumbent chairman is Shri Alok Kumar.
For efficient operation & management Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) is further restructured into:
- Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (DVVNL)
- Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (MVVNL)
- Pashchimanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (PVVNL)
- Purvanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (PUVVNL)
- Kanpur Electricity Supply Company (KESCO)
- Lucknow Electricity Supply Administration (LESA) - Lucknow City Discom
- Uttar Pradesh Power Transmission Limited (UPPTCL)
Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) entrusted with the task of providing electricity to various categories of consumers throughout the state of Uttar Pradesh and realizes revenue thereof in accordance with the existing tariff. Various categories of consumers means industrial, commercial and domestic energy consumers. This organization alone caters the power needs of the whole state, government and non-government both.
Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) procures power from state government owned power generators (Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam & Uttar Pradesh Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited), central government owned power generators (NTPC Limited & THDC Ltd) and Independent Power Producers - IPP (mostly private power companies) through power purchase agreement for lowest per unit cost of electricity.
Job profile and Vacancies for UPPCL
There are many trades and posts in the UPPCL Recruitment. You will get posting in different electric department offices in Uttar Pradesh. The most number of vacancies are there in the post of Lineman, Junior Engineer/ Electrician, Sub Station Attendant (SSA), LDC/ Typist, etc. So, let us sum up some of the roles and duties of UPPCL employee and mention the extract of their duties:
- Distribution of Power to the consumers at the rates approved by KERC Tariff Regulations.
- Supply at specified voltage and frequency.
- Maintenance of 11 KV lines, distribution of transformers and equipments to ensure reliable and quality power supply.
- Augmentation of infrastructure to meet the demand.
- Ensuring safety of Human and animal life by taking suitable actions to minimize risk of accidents.
- Perspective planning of activities in relation to demand and supply of Power.
Some of the posts of UPPCL are given below, and people of these posts work under different departments.
- Company Secretary
- Additional Private Secretary
- Assistant Review Officer
- Office Assistant
- Junior Engineer
- Assistant Engineer
- Technician Grade – II
- Technician (Line)
UPPCL has released a total of 301 vacancies for the post of Assistant Engineer (Multiple Trade), where 271 vacancies are for Electrical Branch, 22 vacancies are for Computer Science Branch, 5 vacancies are for Electronics & Communication Branch and vacancies are for Civil Branch. A department – wise breakdown of these vacancies is as stated.
Electronics & Communication
Eligibility Criteria for UPPCL
There are a set of expected eligibility criteria that you should qualify to apply for UPPCL Recruitment 2019.
- Age Limit
- Minimum Age Limit: 21 years
- Maximum Age Limit: 40 years
- SC/ ST : 5 years
- OBC : 3 years
- Physically Handicapped : 10 years
- Physically Handicapped + OBC : 13 years
- Physically Handicapped + SC/ST : 15 years
- Educational Qualification
- Candidate must possess BE/ B. Tech. Engineering Degree for Relevant post.
- Computer Literacy: Knowledge of computer operation is a must as UPPCL exam is conducted online.
- Language Proficiency: Qualification of Hindi is essential for the posts. For this purpose, all the candidates must have passed Hindi of atleast Matriculation or its equivalent level upto the date of document checking.
UPPCL Syllabus & Exam Pattern
UPPCL conducts its exam for various posts in 2 phases: Online Exam/ Paper – 1 and Interview.
Paper – 1 is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. It is further divided into 5 sections, of 100 marks carrying 100 questions and a total of 2 hours duration as a whole.
Interview is the final phase of selection.
UPPCL Paper – 1/ Online Exam
Paper – 1 is an Objective Based Online Mode Exam. It is further divided into 5 sections, Static/ Current Affairs & General Knowledge, Basic Computer Knowledge, Logical Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude and General English, of 100 marks carrying 100 questions and a total of 2 hours duration as a whole.
Static/ Current Affairs &
Basic Computer Knowledge
On the basis of the marks obtained in the objective type of exam held for UPPCL posts, merit will be generated and successful candidates will be called for Interview. After this Interview, the candidates will be given appointment for the post they have applied for in the UPPCL.
UPPCL Exam Date
UPPCL has recently introduced vacancies for the post of Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2019. UPPCL has released a total of 301 vacancies for the post of Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2019. A tentative exam date schedule is given below.
20 September, 2019
Online Application Starts From
25 September, 2019
Last Date to Apply Online
14 October, 2019
Last Date to Pay Fees
14 October, 2019
UPPCL AE Admit Card 2019